Re: Security Issues....

<snip>
> also, are there ways to essentially lock down a given machine, such that
you
> can run an application on the machine, but the application is restricted
> either its' own process/resource space or that it couldn't do any damage
> beyond the given machine that it's being run on.. I ask because we could
> always have "test" servers that are essentially rebuilt after every
> application .bin is tested...
>
> We really need a seriously good security guru to bounce these thought off
> of!!!!

Okay, I'm not a "seriously good security guru", nor have I actually tried
what I'm about to suggest, so please take this with a grain of salt...

What about vmware?

If you could create a "virtual computer" for each of your developers, would
that work?  Any vmware users out there have any comments?

I *think* that this approach, while it might take a hefty server, would
isolate each developer from each other sufficiently to ensure that they
can't hack each other, and you might even be able to set it up so that each
night each 'computer' is reloaded from scratch...

Just a thought.

Ben