Re: Cross system X

Tom Klem wrote:

Two machines, one has a working monitory, the other does not.

Any way to log in using X to the no monitor machine, and run programs on the no monitor machines CPU?

Thank you,
Tom Klem

You have to enable X11 forwarding in your /etc/ssh/sshd_config files. I think it's something like:
X11Forwarding yes

and I think maybe the same in the /etc/ssh_config file
ForwardX11 yes
ForwardX11 yes

I have both in the remore and the local, but I don't know if you need to have both machines enables for both ssd_config and ssh_config. Check the man docs.

ssh -X username@machine-with-no-monitor

Then run the X based program by envoking it from the command line. The program will open on your local X-top

Fred