Re: cisco and linux VPN

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 09:30, Willem van der Walt wrote:
> No, but GRE is what passes through your nat ant routers.
> All equipment does not support the handeling of GRE.
> Cisco and linux does.
> Do you have a particular problem or do you just want to know
> how it fits together before you start?
> There is a particular port that is accessed on the server end.
> This is with pptp.
> If it is just nat and no firewall, it aught to work.

Maybe it's just my lack of familiarity with Cisco VPNs, but I wonder why
you've assumed he's using PPTP.  Most [non-Microsoft] VPNs out there use
IPSec, which utilizes one or both of ESP (Encapsulated Security Payload)
and AH (Authentication Header).  IPSec-based VPNs do not use GRE.

Granted, the original poster was lean on details, I didn't fully
understand his question.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting