Re: Someone spamming using my reverse proxy

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:59:08PM -0330, mike@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:36:01PM +0200, Neil Thompson wrote:
> >> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 07:14:06AM -0330, Mike Pelley wrote:
> > You also need a
> >
> > <Proxy *>
> >     Order deny,allow
> >     Deny from all
> > </Proxy>
> >
> > somewhere in your config so that the bad guys can't get in.
> >
> Neil - Are you sure about that last part?  I don't this proxy as a forward
> proxy and adding that last section denies all access (fixes the problem,
> but that's a little severe ;-)

<logs into work to check config>

Yep...for what it's worth, I have a separate file in /etc/httpd/conf.d with
my reverse proxy setup and the <Proxy *> statement is in the standard
/etc/conf/httpd.conf file just after the

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On

statements

The conf.d stuff is included before that statement, so maybe that has something to
do with it.

One full entry for one of my servers is -

<VirtualHost testrhubarb.yy.zzz.com:80>
ServerName testrhubarb.yy.zzz.com
<Proxy http://123.12.12.123/*>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass / http://123.12.12.123/
ProxyPassReverse / http://123.12.12.123/
</VirtualHost>

Names/IPs changed to protect the innocent :-)

PLEASE NOTE - the entry in the <Proxy statement must match exactly
the entry in the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse statements with the
exception of the "*" in the <Proxy statement.

If you want to send me a copy (sanitised) of your config to look over,
I'll be happy to.

Cheers! (Relax...have a homebrew)

Neil