Re: Hi guy I would like to set no anonymous login,but local user can.It doesn't work

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 01:09, betty bear wrote:
>   I saw your mail in red hat mailing list and you said that you already
> setup no anonymous access,just local user can.I would like that way .I have
> problem with Redhat 9.0 with vsftp 1.1.At vsftpd.conf i set
> anonymous_enabled=NO and local_enabled=YES .What's more at
> /etc/pam.d/vsftpd.ftp-user i already add anonymous in this file because
> pam.d will read vsftpd.ftp-user file to not allow anonymous to login.Why
> anon still can login ,but local user can't.Moreover when i would like to
> login using local user logon,there're message shown " 530 this ftp server is
> Anonymous ftp server only".I don't understand ......
>

> Best Regards,

so long as vsftpd.conf has anonymous_enabled=NO and local_enabled=YES
then it should work. I dont have a /etc/pam.d/vsftpd.ftp-user file so
not sure if/why its needed. Only other thing I would suggest is to make
sure you restarted vsftpd after the changes have been made - service
vsftpd restart

Hope it works!
Jeff