RE: Is Secondary IDE always slower than primary?

If I remember correctly, the setting of the drive maybe in 33/66 mode rather
than 100.  Use the utility you go with the drive to set it up as 100, the
problem maybe your controller is a 66 rather than a 100.  You maybe in the
market for a new controller.