Re: Fedora - ports 32770-1 open

>    Thanks a lot, Pete and Jason, but I'm aware of most of that. I can see
> the processes holding
> these ports are fam and rpc.statd, I just don't know why they are running
> and what script
> is starting them. I realize now It seems like I have an nfs server (?),
> but why would anaconda
> set up one? What are these services, together with portmap, good for in a
> box with no nfs shares?

Mounting remote NFS shares, you will probably find that you are not
running nfsd, just the portmapper and locking services that enable you to
[semi]reliably mount remote nfs shares.

The scripts starting them will probably be in /etc/rcX.d (where X is your
runlevel) and be called something like nfslock and portmap, fam I think is
called from xinetd (/etc/xinetd.d)

--
Steve.