Re: configure offline mail server

Nabin Limbu wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to use fetchmail with sendmail as an offline dialup mail server. From crontab, I regularly dial via wvdial to connect with mailserver of my ISP. Through /etc/ppp/ip-up.local, I trigger fetchmail to download mail and sendmail to send its queued mail to mailserver of my ISP with "sendmail -q" command. After that dialup gets disconnected.

My problem is how can I know or detect that sendmail has completed sending its queued mail to my mailserver of ISP, so that I can disconnect my dialup connection safely.

Hoping for your help.

Nabin Limbu
HealthNet Nepal

Make sure sendmail is run in deferred mode, then it should be as simple as checking it's status using ps.

Regards,
Ed.