(no subject)

Hello everybody,

I've got a little problem.Here is what:

I needed to change my PATH in the /etc/profile in order to run an application
every time i logon as a user.Instead of giving the right path i gave a wrong
one.For example in stead of writting:

PATH=$PATH:/john/local/.....

i wrote:

PATH=$PATH:/root/john/local/.....

At that time was a root.

As a result i can not login either as a user or as root.When i try to logon on a
failsafe session it gives me a message and the logon screen comes up again.

On the logon screen i tried <Ctrl>+<Alt>+F1 to log on as a user.From that
position i tried to run the vi editor in order to give the right path, but
vi: command not found.

I use RHL9.Does anybody know how can i edit in the /etc/profile??

Thanks,
 John