Re: Problems connecting to the internet

Pete Nesbitt wrote:

Hi,
can you post the results of running "netstat -rn" on the linux machine.

Are ther really 2 identicle lines in the resolv.conf?

Just want to mention that shouldn't be a problem. I run three identical lines in resolv.conf myself, as resolv.conf will try each one in turn. I did it to allow ppp-o-d and wvdial to establish a connection to my ISP without DNS dropping out due to time-out when the line is in idle mode.

But, you're right, I don't think it should be necessary with something always on like ADSL, but again, it can't hurt I think.

Does the Linux box also have a connection to a LAN (2nd nic or alias)?

Regards, Ed.