Re: kernel errors when hda is read? Help! [solved?]

Ben,

Those round cables provide more than just different airflow. They also
provide for better electrical noise isolation because they are twisted
pair wiring inside, instead of a flat wire geometry (which is an excellent
geometry for catching and keeping electromagnetic noise).

Sounds like just the sort of problem you were having.