Re: SSH Drops Connection Unexpectedly

----- Original Message -----
> Alejandro Calbazana wrote:
> >
> > I am using putty to connect up to my ssh server running on RH 9.  I am
able
> > to connect successfully however my connection drops inconsistently and
> > unexpectedly.  I am not sure why this is happening as logs dont reveal
> > anything.  I am running iptables but all traffic is configured to allow
my
> > interface to talk to SSH.  Has anyone experienced this?

I've had a user with a 2.4 Ghz phone ring and kill blip their wireless
connection which kills a perment connection like ssh/telnet - they had to
get a 900Mhz phone.

Also, 2 other users have cable modem service and sometimes their connection
drops - not sure if it's a DHCP thinkg that the provider is forcing renewal
or what...   There has been suspicion that cable companies purposely trip
connections just to disconnect long running programs/servers at home.

Try using "screen" after longing in via ssh.  If ssh dies, then screen will
not kill your processes - you can relog back in and reattach to your last
session.  I'd be using screen if it weren't for the fact that it happens to
mess up the terminal emulation a bit.

-eric wood