Oops ... can´t get gnome to start any longer ...

Dear All,

I was changing the desktop from Gnome to TWM using the Desktop Switching
Tool (in a DHCP session connection from another PC), logged out as I was
told that I needed the Xserver (I think) to be restarted.

When trying to logon again (DHCP) I got a message :

ÂYour session only lasted less then (should be Âthan really) 10
seconds. If you have not logged out yourself, this could mean that there
is some installation problem or that you may be out of diskspace. Try
logging in with one of the failsafe sessions to see if you can fix the
problem.Â

Trying at the console of the linux-box itself gave the same result. I
can login on other user accounts (where I have not yet messed this up
yet :( ) and I can login using telnet on that specific account.

All help kindly accepted ... HHHH EEEE LLLL PPPP ... please tell me
where to look, what to set back.

Please let me know should there be a more appropriate list for this (and people like me).

Kind regards,
Frederic