Synaptic and RH9

Ive been researching the Dist Upgrade feature of Synaptic/Apt on my home RH9
box, and I have a question about upgrading certain packages as opposed to
everything that's available.

I clicked on Dist Upgrade and the system marked everything available for an
update as such; this is fine, but I dont want Mozilla upgraded from the
version I have.  (Mozilla 1.4 and GAIM work nicely together; Mozilla 1.5 and
GAIM do not.)
I located each Mozilla instance on the package list and checked 'hold
current version'.  Its state is updated as 'pinned', but when viewing the
details of the transaction right before allowing it to proceed, it marked
Mozilla under 'to be removed'.

I clearly do not want Moz removed, just untouched.  Is there a way to do an
upgrade of this type without touching uninstalling Mozilla?

Thanks in advance.

.salvatore
http://www.sienar.org/
http://www.palmisanonet.com/