Sendmail command line issues

Hi Guys,

I have a redhat linux 8.0 box running as a mail server with the following
sendmail version:

[root@kuldipmanak mail]# rpm -qa sendmail
sendmail-8.12.8-9.80

My mail is working fine from all the mail clients, but when I try to send
mail from the command line the from feild has the following entry:

simran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mail is a cname in dns for this box.  The entry should just be
simran@xxxxxxxxxxxx instead of the mail.chamkila.org.  I have checked my
/etc/hosts file and do not see any incorrect entries.  Any ideas as to why
this might be happening?  Any suggestions would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--
Simran H.
redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx