Re: Limiting frequency of POP logins

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 14:47, j.travis wrote:
> I have a user who has apparently set their e-mail client to check e-mail
> from the POP server (running sendmail) once a minute.  I am wondering if I
> can place a limit on the frequency of logins somehow?

Even if you could (which I don't think you can), think of the social
aspect of what you're proposing.  Assuming you wanted to block them to,
say, every 10 minutes instead.  Well, your customer is going to get a
connection error every 9 out of 10 connection attempts, causing them to
call your help desk.  Are you going to tell them they can't connect
every minute?  Is that spelled out in your TOS?

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting