Re: Redhat Professional Workstation <-- is only for 1 year

Ed Wilts wrote:

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 08:13:13AM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

Last impression I got on this topic, Redhat was still deciding what'll happen to RHPW after 1 year. A lot of speculations here was suggested that it will have 5 yr life time since it's based on RHEL ES. Apparently that's not the case. RHPW is not renewable after 1 year, that means you have to upgrade with all the fun of reinstall and everything. Plus, it says there is no "supported" upgrade path to RHEL.

Has anyone else seen this?
http://www.redhat.com/software/workstation/

I am not happy.

I'm friggin' hostile and *will* be following up on this.

For you, however, since you're with an educational institution, you
should be excited by the recent announcement here:
http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5107941.html?tag=nefd_top

Hey Ed,

Have you heard anymore on the life of RHPW? Is it going to have an EOL like RH9 or will it live longer??? Thanks for the info!!!

Lee Perez