LDAP or Kerberos or am I all mixed up.

Hi all,
I am interested in establishing a single user login at my office that has about 60 machines total running on the network. This is a heterogeneous network with AIX, Linux, and Windows. I am wondering if I am better off spending my time reading up and trying to establish an LDAP server and then use that to authenticate or whether Kerberos will satisfy my needs.

Currently we are in an entirely trusted network setup. The new HIPPA regulations, however, make it clear that such a setup is not due diligence and I need to have unique logins and passwords for every employee and employ some sort of logging mechanism.

Your thoughts regarding the way to go will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Hartung