Re: BIND Tool

On November 15, 2003 11:37 am, Rene's Caltech Email wrote:
> Is there a command line tool that I can use to configure BIND?  text based
> gui perhaps...

Hi,
if you want a gui tool use redhat-config-bind
however, like similar tools, it may make it more difficult to directly edit
things and I beleive if you make changes with, say vi, then run the gui tool,
it will overwrite your changes.

Presuming webmin does not change the basic structure (like the one abive does)
it is a great tool. You may want to use that and then look at the resulting
files to see how things work.

The config file is:
/etc/named.conf
(it may reference some include files)