Geological tracking application

Is anyone aware of Linux-based application capable of proving visual geographical tracking?

To be more specific:
We are a fishing company. Every daily we receive reports from our vessels about their location, water temp and depth, fish caught, weather, fuel, etc., etc.
This data is entered into a database. It would great to have an application that could take that data and put it on a map. This way we could track trends, perform historical analyses, etc.

I realize there is probably nothing specifically that meets our needs, but close enough that with a little reprogramming would, in fact, work.

Curtis Vaughan