Re: Fwd: Re: Mail error: reason: 550 5.0.0 You must use a valid mail server

On Friday 14 November 2003 03:52, Joe Polk wrote:
> Well, I know that if you don't have a reverse DNS entry that many
> will reject mail from you. I thought from your original post that you
> did. The "www" maybe a flag for them. Many broadband providers, for
> instance, will give you a static but on their DNS the IP resolves to
> user1.dsl.someISP.com or something.  You can, however, use your ISP's
> smtp server as a smart host and avoid such problems as rejections
> like this. Because you are part of your ISP's network, it's smtp
> server will relay for you because to it you are local. So set your
> sendmail to forward all outbound mail to smtp.yourisp.com and then
> test your mail.  This works for my setup.
>
> <<JAV>>

Did I miss the answer to Joe's question; "Does mail to anywhere else
work?"  The reason I ask is that I seem to remember that you're using
Earthlink and I know that at one time they blocked all port 25 traffic
unless it was via their mail servers.

Regards,  Mike Klinke