RE: PuTTY SSH w/o a Password

Unfortunately, /var/log/secure doesn't provide much information.  I checked
it before I posted the original "issue", and the only two messages it
generates for a SSH session are:

> Nov 13 12:28:33 myserver sshd[25548]: Could not reverse map address
10.0.1.100.
> Nov 13 12:28:39 myserver sshd[25548]: Accepted password for user from
10.0.1.100 port 1652 ssh2

When I saw the message for "Could not reverse..." I explicitly added an
entry in myserver's hosts file for the computer at 10.0.1.100.  All this did
was remove the "Could not reverse ..." message from the log, but I still
receive "Server refused our key" and get prompted for a password.  (the
second message in /var/log/secure is generated when a password is entered
because of the refused key).

???

- Christopher