dns and mail question

I have several private networks that I vpn between.  There are several
root run processes that send mail to our admin group, cron, logwatch you
get the idea.

The issue is that when I setup the network namespace I created logical
subzones that give names like router1.building.elevating.com.  This has
worked fine for two-three years.  About two weeks ago I started getting
rejection emails from  our ISP that does the MX for elevating.com
(verio).  The funny thing is that the rejection mails get through.

As near as I can figure this what happens

cron runs a job and generates a mail to root.  root's mail is aliased in
aliases to the admin email and the box sends a mail to verio's
mailserver, I guess resolving the MX correctly. The mailserver rejects
the mail with a 554.

What is the best way to resolve this assuming that verio will be no
help.

the mail with headers is here:

http://www.elevating.com/bret/mailprob/reject.mail.txt

The log entries from sendmail on the sending box is here.

http://www.elevating.com/bret/mailprob/mailprob.log.txt

Is there some priority thing that allows reject messages to pass thru?

Any help understanding this is appreciated.

Bret