RE: Adding a second CPU

You would need the SMP kernel in order to see the second CPU (RH
installs a UniProcessor kernel and a SMP kernel when installing
on a machine with multiple CPU's).

Download and install the appropriate errata SMP kernel from RedHat
to use your seconds CPU.  Ultimately, you should have the option
to boot with either UP or SMP in your grub/lilo.conf in case their
are any issues.

-Steve