Add one trailing underscore in GCC (OT)

Hello,
I apologize since this can be considered OT. But I've googled this, read man,
website and still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I write mainly fortran code. Someone in our research group wrote a C code and
compile it with GCC-3.2 (RH 9). For compatibility reasons with other
libraries, all of our Fortran code is compiled (/w absoft compiler) using
some flags so that the resulting symbol name is all lower case plus one
trailing underscore, eg: my_math_solver_ , matrix_multiply_ , etc.

Now, when we compile this C code, the resulting symbol name is just lowercase.
What I am looking for is the correct flag for GCC so that the resulting
symbol name is lowercase plus one trailing underscore, otherwise, calling
this function from Fortran code will result in "undefine reference to
symbol_name_ " during linking, since if I do "nm" to toe object file, it's
defined as "symbol_name".

So, is there a flag that will do this? Furthermore, could you point me what
are all the available flags for this sort of things and where to find it?
I've read the manual and all, but I still get the felling I'm missing
something, because once in a while I would find few things scattered of the
web that's not in the manual, but works. I just want a comprehensive list of
all this thing in one place.

Also, if you could point me to a good GCC user mailing list, that would be
great. All I could find is GCC development mailing list, that has something
to do with developing GCC itself rather than using GCC, which I don't think
is very relevant to what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance for any help.
RDB
--