From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mathieu Masse
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 10:21 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cannot start X

Hi list,

	Urgent problem, yesterday I setup my box for XDMCP using the HOWTO on
LDP.org. After realizing that it wasn't secure (better to use SSH) I went
back in the files and rechanged them to what they were (backtracked from the
howto). Then this morning I rebooted my computer (for reboot since changing
and rechanging the files) and now X wont start and gives me this message:

	INIT: ID "x" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes.

	Every 5 minutes it displays the same message. Here is a little bit more
info on my system: X686 running Red Hat 9.0 with Xfree 4.3 Gnome 2.2. Here
are the files I changed from the Howto: xdm-conf, Xaccess and gdm.conf.
These are the files mentioned in the howto, and I don't remember playing
with other files.

	Also this morning before restarting I was trying to compile Galeon 1.3.10,
and since I was missing libraries I used Ximian Red Carpet to install them
(all devel rpm's). Don't know if this caused the problem.

	TIA for the help, don't want to be stuck using M$ for to  long...

	Mathieu