Re: RHEL ES v.3 and RHN

At 01:26 PM 11/8/2003, you wrote:
On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 12:39:46PM -0600, Steve Buehler wrote:
> Not sure if I am missing something here or not.  Can someone tell me why
> the RHEL ES v.3 doesn't have all of the packages available to it that v2.1
> and other versions of RHL have available to them?  When I setup a machine
> one of the first things I do after subscribing it to RHN is to do:
> up2date joe lynx

lynx has been replaced with links (part of the elinks package).  links
is much nicer in that it supports frames and https (plus ftp and telnet).

Thanks Ed. Now I really have a headache. You now gave me two more packages that are not available in the RHEL ES v3 channel to add to the list along with "joe" and "lynx". Are you running them on your RHEL ES 3 box? If so, did you use up2date to get them? If so, does anybody know why RedHat pulled them back out of the channel for us to get using up2date? With my RHN login I am showing "links" to only be available in these two channels:
Red Hat Linux 7.2 i386
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES (v. 2.1 for i386)

and elinks to be available in only these two channels:
Red Hat Linux 9 i386
Red Hat Linux 7.3 i386

Thanks
Steve