Re: Help Sought with Samba pseudo printer for PDF...

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

My suggestion is to test the following:

1. Make sure you can create PDF with the script and everything *on* the linux box itself. This is to make sure that your script is really working.

As Bret said, "Great Suggestion"

I initially tried this with a Word doc that I had sitting in my home directory on the Linux box in question.

Okay, yeah, shouldn't have feed raw Micros~1 POI into the printpdf script. My bad.

However, here is what did work:

I have successfully created the PDF printer on my Windoze workstation. As have two of my Windoze loving colleagues. I'm using an Apple LaserWriter driver in all instances. Printing the Test Page always produces the 321 byte file.

But the Print... dialog on my client offers a "Print To File" option. This option spits out the Postscript.

Transferring this file to the Linux box, I was able to then feed this raw Postscript into the printpdf at the command line.

Tada! it worked! So the script is working. Indeed both of the referenced scripts work.

So Samba may be at fault. What would be choke'n Samba's pseudo printer? Going to turn up the logs now...

Close...so close...

2. If 1 is fine, the likely your problem is the samba share. Make sure you configure sambe to publicly share it and that you can access the printer.

Seems like your problem is a bit combination of the two, but I don't know. I'd make sure that 1 works first, then we can better pinpoint where the trouble really is.

Hope that helps.
RDB