From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Ken Rossman
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 10:33 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

Speaking of desktop Linux, I'm curious whether anyone here has tried out
Xandros Linux.  Sometime or other, I got clued in to this distro and got
curious about it.  It wasn't very expensive (according to what I am used
to in other areas of the computing world anyway), so I sprung for a
copy.

Xandros, I believe, is a mutation of the Corel Linux distribution.  It
has a very nice and relatively brief click-through installation.  It
seems
to come with a decent number of what I would consider standard desktop
tools (though perhaps I have not thought enough about what tools there
should be available as standard and how many).

There are a lot of things I couldn't do with Xandros (it is NOT really a
server OS by any stretch of the imagination), but it does seem to do a
halfway decent job of being a nice desktop.

Anyone else ever check out this distribution?

(sorry, I know it's OT for the most part, but I'm curious)