Network issues - ftp & samba problems

Hi all,

I started using RH9 one week ago, so I am a newbie on this.
Some strange things appear when using FTP and SAMBA, please give me some advice on these, it seems to be a network issue.
On the RH9 box, I set up vsftpd FTP server and SAMBA.
From a WIN2000, I can connect to FTP server, and download from it. I can also upload small files (<10MB), but when uploading bigger files, this stops with the message "Sent error : Connection reset".
(Although I succeeded to upload 2 500MB files)
When using samba, I can map the network drive on the WIN2000, I can download from it, but when I try to upload (again a bigger file) to this share, I get the error "the connection does not exist anymore", and it stops(with access rights set to full access).

Please advice on this frustrating error, I haven't got a clue where the cause could be.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

   Tim