Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:01:32 +0100, T. Ribbrock wrote:

> I stay with what I said: The way it was put, it
> was not a smart comment, either way you look at it - even though I
> generally agree with the "no false expectations" point of view. But I
> still would not recommend Windows instead, for the reasons mentioned
> previously.

I encourage people to try Linux, in particular when they are unhappy
with at least one thing of their current system. But depending on what
expectations and interests they have, I warn them, that if they fail
due to impatience or due to lack of interest [in dealing with
deficiences or work in progress], rather than complaining they should
return to or stay with the system that seems to work for them. Where I
realize that I don't get the chance to give advise, I don't recommend
Linux.