RE: Fedora vs Enterpise - Home/Development

We paid for RH9. The install and setup are a breeze compared
to previous RH's and all other Linux i've tried.

The problem is that in RH 9 you will either use programs which
RH has RPM's for, or you will be stuck in a computing hell where
you cannot get anything to work.
This is very maddening to us.

I have used other Linux and RH7 and never had any problems.
With RH9 we cannot use new versions of Apache, KDE, lokkit, and
other apps which are 'included' with the distro.

After paying $150 for a 'professional' edition, we are in
the process of trying to get our money back.

Since you will be in the unsupported world of Linux, it will
not enhance your computing experience to pay for Linux.

Find a free linux, and ensure you can find users which have
done what you need to do. This will get you to a solution
the fastest.

Best Wishes.