Re: RH's imap server

Kelerion wrote:
Thanks for the info.. do you happen to know then if this particular version of the imapd will allow nested folders? or am I going to have to get courier or cyrus for that?

thanks

Kel

I don't think so. I just setup an old P233 as an imap server for my home LAN, and am using mozilla as the client. I can create directories in mozilla and have mozilla sort the mail into the specified directories, but under linux they are not really directories, just single files for each directory (which for some reason are put in your home directory instead of /var/spool/mail). I think you must use the Maildir mailbox format to actually use directories. I am in the process of compiling/installing Courier IMAP and Maildrop, to take advantage of the Maildir format.

HTH
Aaron