VSFTPD Beginners Tutorial - Robert Richardson's Documentation

Earlier today, Robert was kind enough to post his documented process of
setting up a secure FTP server using VSFTPD (as several of us requested
it, if he was so inclined to share.) He had posted it, but it soon seamed
that a few people had missed his post. Rather than see several re-post's
of his very detailed documentation make it back onto the list, I took it
upon myself to post it at my website and submitted a post with the link.
After I did this, I received a message from Robert that made me feel like
I had offended him (as I had not sought his permission to do so). I would
like to publically apologize to Robert for jumping the gun. But to make it
worse, I totally got his name wrong in that post! I really felt bad after
he pointed that out to me:)

It is not often that you come across a well documented process such as his
(especially for vsftpd), and I felt it was to valuable to lose to the bit
bucket if I did not take steps to preserve it.

Anyway, I had removed the link because I did not want to continue with any
offence (though Robert had indicated that there were no hard feelings.)
But the damage had been done, I received a few emails and saw a few posts
that the link was down. I have since received permission from Robert to
post it back up, so the link to his really well documented process is once
again back on-line at http://www.daters.net/howto/vsftpd.txt. Thanks again
Robert for sharing your hard work with us.

Kind Regards,

Craig D.

---
Craig Daters (craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)