Re: Subscriber Problems

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Brett Franck wrote:

> Admin,
>
> Once in awhile I'll all of a sudden get a message that I have been
> unsubscribed from the list......I have to go back and re-subscribe....I'll
> assume today that it's due to me messing with my SpamAssasin settings and
> must have bounced a bunch of messages back to list-admin....  What is the
> criteria for automatic un-subscription?  10 msgs?  50?

No, I currently have it set to 3 legitimate list postings in between bounces weighted
with an average of 5 posts per hour in a 24 hour period. The 24 hour counter is reset
after 24 hours and the bouncing criteria must be met again before an address will be removed.

However, if my mailbox starts filling up with bounces from any one particular address
I will often not wait the full 24 hours and simply remove the offencing address on
the spot. I do actually read the list admin email on a regular basis.

I think the latter is why you see the unsubscribed messages since I think the former only alerts
the list admin. I've updated the parting message for the list to reflect this.

Regards,

Matthew Galgoci

--

Matthew Galgoci		"If you were a woman I'd kiss you right now."
System Administrator