Need suggestions for a particular mail setup...Input needed

Good morning everyone.

I've been asked to do a rather different mail setup that im not accustomed to doing.
Some background:

I have a RH 8.0 server running Postfix, Courier-IMAP, Mailman and a few other nice toys. It is working nicely in all the testing.
I was getting ready to roll this out when I was told they wanted to have the following setup.

Basically, all of our clients will be using a Netscape or Mozilla IMAP client.
What they want to do is, basically, have all the users copy the email that is on the Mail/IMAP server to a second location, OTHER than their local computer. Thus, they want a second server setup that will allow users to store their email on that server as well. They also want it setup so they can view both sets of emails at the same time through the email client.

Still with me on this?

I really dont see the need for this and I dont understand why they want to do this.
My guess is they want a way to archive all emails, save them all. AND, if the main server goes down, they still have a copy of their emails that they can view on the second server.

With that in mind, i've brainstorming on how to do this and what would be the best way to do it.
I've thought about using NFS for this.

They originally wanted to have all users store their email on our PDC running samba in their /home shares but I shot that down immediately.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on a reliable and stable way to set up something like this? I may even look for a commercial product because of now, my time line for this is 2-3 weeks.

If more info is needed, I will gladly post it.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Cheers,

Jason