Re: How to speed up the Linux System

The best way to speed up your interactive use session is to renice several
processes to -20.  I usually renice

 * the window manager
 * the X process
 * Sometimes nautilus and/or the panel

This gives them first priority, which really boosts interactive response.

renice -20 PIDOFPROCESSIWANTTORENICE

Jon