SNMP MIB-2 access from application

Hi All,
	I am writing a networking application on top of Redhat Linux 9.0 and I need to access the SNMP MIB2 information from the application program. I need this because I am trying to introduce some enterprise MIB and want to have my own SNMP agent running as part of the application.  I have seen that there is some information in files like /proc/net/snmp, /proc/net/arp etc.  Unfortunately the data is not sorted.  Also, there is no information regarding the interface table, etc. out here.  Can anyone help me with more info?

thanks in advance,
Eldose Paul