Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: Apache Confusion?!?!

Hi,

I have been running Apache on Windows & MacOSX for a  while now with no problems. But I am having real problems on RedHat Linux 9.

I have the apache server up and running. But any changes I make with the HTTP Server program in Server Settings don?t seem to affect Apache at all.

I did a search for the httpd.conf file, There was only one found but it doesn?t seem to be the actually file Apache is using. The reason I say this is because it says my web directory is /var/www/html/ BUT there are no files in that directory. When I log onto localhost in a web browser I get the typical Apache welcome page, so this directory cant be the one Apache is really using.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I know it?s a little vague but I have no idea what?s happening.

Please help, I am going insane.

Donald