RE: Dedicated Mailserver - Hardware Recommendation

> Depends a lot on your email server software.
>
> We run Exim with spamassassin, amivis, clamscan, and courier
> imapd.  For webmail squirrelmail is nice, but so is Neomail.

We'll be running Sendmail, and probably Sophos and Spam Assassin.
Webmail is undetermined yet.

> It's a whitebox running a tyan motherboard and dual AMD procs
> with 512Mb Ram. We run it with RAID 1 with SCSI drives.  It
> handles about 2200 email accounts includeing the spam and
> anti-viral scanning and doesn't ever top out over .25

So would you expect processing or memory to be more crucial for this
application? The initial specs recommended to us was a single 1.3 GHz
CPU and 1 GIG of RAM. Should we consider dual-CPU's instead?