setenv and unsetenv problem

I just recently did a full RH 9 install on a machine for a professor and he
email me letting me know that "setenv" and "unsetenv" are not working. The man
files are there but the commands arent working.

I checked my RH 9 machine, which I installed from a separate set of disks, and
realized that I dont have it working either.

So I'm wondering, did they replace it in RH 9 and I'm just clueless. I mean I
know I could just export the variable and then add it to the src file but its
bugging me that I cant figure out why "setenv" and "unsetenv" arent working.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony Pagliocco
Senior Technical Support Analyst