Re: Cheap mail server cluster

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 12:57, Jason Dixon wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 12:46, Ken Rossman wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone on this list had successfully built and run a
> > "cluster" of two or more machines that could hand off the responsibility
> > of being the main mail server (sendmail, and possibly qpopper added in
> > for certain clients) back and forth as needed.

Postfix has the ability to run multi-instances in separate machines. We
run three instances on one machine but they could easily be split. One
instance is send only. The second is receive; Whitelisted gets
delivered, and rejects get bounced. Anything that survives goes to
instance three which does header and body checks.