Re: Mail Server

Marc Lalonde wrote:
<snip>
It is possible, because I finally came to getting my mail from inside my LAN
(by changing the servers from mail.mydomain.com to the LAN IP address of my
Linux box)
however, here's what Outlook says when I try to send :

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was test@xxxxxxxxxxx . Subject
'Test', Account: 'mail.mydomain.com', Server: '(server's LAN IP address)',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <test@xxxxxxxxxxx>... Relaying
denied. IP name lookup failed [(Windoze's box LAN IP address)]', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Do you think it still has to do with the port 25 being blocked???

Thanks

You need to tell Sendmail to allow relaying for your internal LAN. Or you need some sort of POP before SMTP auth (if Sendmail does this). Another option (that I don't recommend even if Sendmail can do it) is to allow relaying based on 'from' email address.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush