booting from Linux drive after removing primary drive

Hey all,

I'm running RH9 on the second drive of a computer that has up to now been a dual boot drive.  Windows was on the first drive.  However the Windows drive crashed, so I removed it.  I believe the GRUB config file might have been written on the Windows drive when I installed RH?  In any case it will not boot from the Linux drive.  I can boot up from the install CD and then at the boot: prompt I can use "vmlinuz root=dev/hda2" and it'll boot up the Linux drive from there... desktop, users and everything appear intact HOWEVER there are some errors, kernel modules that don't load etc.  So my network card and printer are not recognized.  Is it loading an older kernel (the one that originally was installed from the CD)?  I've had several updates of the kernel through RHN since installing.  If so how does one tell which kernels are available and where they are located?  Do I have to tell it to boot from a different partition for each kernel?

Anyway, can anybody point me in the right direction?  I am something of a Linux newb and searches on Google and the list archives haven't turned up anything.

Thanks,
Lee