Re: Question bout logrotate

Jason Dixon wrote:
(snip)

I'm not sure what version of RH you're using, but RH9's logrotate
scripts use kill (on my box).  Either way, yes, a kill/killall -HUP
(interrupt signal) is used to stop the process (closing the write on the
old logfile), and start the process (opening the write on the new
logfile).

View the killall manpage to understand how it's different from kill.

Thanks Jason and sorry bout that, I forgot to say that I am running RH9. I have to remember to start putting that in all the questions that I ask. That is what I thought that meant, but wanted to make sure. I'm still learning!!

Thanks again.

Lee Perez