Re: usb memory key

Vince Scimeca writes:
 > what I have done with mine is created a mount point like mkdir
 > /mnt/usbdrive
 >
 > Plug in the usb key, then mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbdrive
 >
 > Works for me, good luck.
 >
 > Vince
 >
 > On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 15:22, Michael Orr wrote:
 > > It is treated like a SCSI disk, so you need those drivers, and the
 > > usb-storage module.
 > >
 > > > I can I mount a usb memory key?

I did what Vince suggests, however, I found that I had all sorts of
trouble (like not being able to unmount) until I renamed the mount
point to be /mnt/diskonkey. By calling it diskonkey, permissions will
be handled nicely because it matches the filename pattern given in
/etc/security/console.perms.

Specific steps I used:

1. As root,
$ mkdir /mnt/diskonkey

2. Add this line to /etc/fstab :
/dev/sda1               /mnt/diskonkey          vfat    noauto,owner 0 0

3. As a normal user, do:
$ mount /mnt/diskonkey

At least that's how I did it.  I don't know if there is a more
official Red Hat way to do it.

Regards,
Jeff

--
Jeff Kowing <jeffrey.d.kowing@xxxxxxxx>
All opinions expressed are my own and not of my employer.