Re: system time

Hi,

you could synchronize your clock to a remote ntp server as follows:

1.
Get one or more IP addresses from
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html (list of public ntp
servers)

2.
Put the addresses in the following files:
/etc/ntp.conf
#don't forget the word server in front of the IP address!
server 123.123.123.123

/etc/ntp/step-tickers
#don't put the word server in front of the IP address!
123.123.123.123

3.
start the ntpd deamon
/etc/init.d/ntpd start (and make it start every time you start your
system -> redhat-config-services)

4.
issue the command
ntpq -p
it could take some time (a few minutes) until you see a * in front of
one of the output lines. The * tells you that your machine is
synchronize with the servers listed in /etc/ntp.conf

Good luck,
Carsten