Re: system time

At 23:27 10/23/2003, you wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am a new bie to redhat linux.
I have a problem regarding system time .The problem is
that, I have to set system time at everyday.When set the system time
using date command the time is set but after some time it is changed .
Thanks in advance

Can you tell us how it changes? Remember that we cannot see and cannot guess your situation and circumstances. Also, a little about which version of Red Hat Linux you are running, and how you configured your clock, would help. Try to post the contents of /etc/sysconfig/clock if you have such a file.

If your timezone and date settings are correct, run the command "ntpdate sundial.columbia.edu" as root and it should set the time and date correctly. If that does work, then the command "hwclock --systohc" will set the hardware clock to be equal to the system time.

If both of those work, and it still changes, post again and give more information.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx