Re: Remote Desktops

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Rushing" <rushing@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: Remote Desktops

snip.....

> vnc is probably easier..   But, I think he's looking for the Xwindows
> approach.   He can install the cygwin xfree package
> http://xfree86.cygwin.com/
>
> This works quite well for remotely logging into a linux server, I have
> mine setup to just use xdm for login.
>
> I consider this more equivalent to RDP.

I have never been able to get XDMCP to run on my RH8 box.  It's configured
as far as I can tell, and when I tell my chooser to connect to it, it just
hangs, no screen, no nothing.  I have a Sun SparcStation 5 running Solaris 8
and it connects to that immediately....so I must not be setting up XDMCP on
my RH box correctly.....:-(

Jeff Wimmer