Re: Remote Desktops

Your other choice is find an xwindows client for the windows computer.
This is more difficult to set-up but will "work better".  The better
packages are all retail products. (should be careful here, have not looked
at the open source in a while)

VNC website.
http://www.realvnc.com/download.html

david

Don't know where the open source Xwindows client is.  Do a search for
Xwindows client.

vnc is probably easier.. But, I think he's looking for the Xwindows approach. He can install the cygwin xfree package
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/

This works quite well for remotely logging into a linux server, I have mine setup to just use xdm for login.

I consider this more equivalent to RDP.